• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sling feeding

ducaknik

3 Year Member
Hi guys i was wondering what you can feed half an inch slings other than fruit flies and pinhead crickets(since i cant really get neither).Can i just cut a small piece of a superworm or they dont eat dead prey?

Ghost

3 Year Member
At 1/2" they should be able to take down small crickets without any problems,but yes you can cut up crickets and superworms and feed them pre killed I've done this many times with slings that wouldn't take live prey...

spidey noob

3 Year Member
super worms should only be feed as a treat no & again !!! (to fatten Ts up a bit) its the same for roaches, really u need crickets or locusts as your main staple. can u not order food onine if there no where to buy feeders locally ? where u from as im shure some on on here can help with a sourse of feeders.

Therasoid

3 Year Member
I agree with Ghost, 1/2" slings shouldn't have problems taking down pinheads. Slings will eat pre-killed, even medium crickets, placed near them or at their hide. Remove dead prey after 24 hours if not eaten.

I've fed 3/8" B. laterlis to my 1/2" and 3/4" slings when I'm out of small crickets. Comical when they tackle the roach and both roll over a few times.

Thivo

3 Year Member
Even me I dont have roaches and circkets, feeders are the main problem right now... I am giving my L.Parahybana slings a small chuncks of shrimps and they love it...