• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sling Feeding

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I read a post recently about a person losing his slings to cricket predation. What do you guys feed your slings?

I am anticipating, when I finally decide on my specie(s) to acquire a few slings that are only 1.5 inches or so.

What should they eat? How big are pinheads? And where do you get them? I have only seen regular crickets at local pet supply places around here. Should I raise my own? I already raise red wigglers in my vermicomposting bin in the basement and don't mind trying such things.

What do you guys think?

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So, further reading on feeding slings mentions Dubia nymphs. How do you guys feel about those? Do you use them? Buy or grow your own? If you buy, where? Any good online sources? What about meal worms?

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Dubia roaches are great! there are plenty of online suppliers. Or if you have a pet shop that specializes in Reptiles they probably have them.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Unfortunately we do not have one locally that specializes in herps.

Do any of you have an online supplier you favor?