• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sir Thomas of Scramble

A fierce feline predator who up until recently lived his entire life alone.

After months of giving my respect I was welcomed into the pride with a slew of gifts to include a few birds, a squirrel, and a pair of very large rabbits.

His other professions include but are not limited to: Crop Dusting, an urge to always be hungry although he eats two cans of food a day, following me everywhere I go, and sleeping with his claws out. Very very ferocious lol I do not recommend handling.

20201009_002412.jpg

Enjoy!

Time to paint the drywall.

And put the hardwood floors down. Unfortunately the rona has put an end to anyone else entering the home until further notice.

That drywall job was crap from the folks that did it. Long story short, there was a bulge in the original drywall. I wanted the old replaced, instead he just put the new over the old. Now the buldge is 2 feet to the left from original spot.

20201009_135715.jpg

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Thats too bad. Some folks just don't know what they're doing.....or who they're doing it to....then they end up slipping up and getting caught to pay an ultimate price. Damn.

Thats too bad. Some folks just don't know what they're doing.....or who they're doing it to....then they end up slipping up and getting caught to pay an ultimate price. Damn.

Oh yeah, we had a nice talk and they weren't here anymore. Their loss indeed, ultimately. We however took a small budget hit but its all behind us now.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Oh yeah, we had a nice talk and they weren't here anymore. Their loss indeed, ultimately. We however took a small budget hit but its all behind us now.

It's terrible how things turn out like that. I always hire a professional. Has worked best for me. ;)

Aracnoenthusiast

3 Year Member
That flooring appears to be drop lock. I installed that style in my bathroom when I remodeled it. If you are of the ambitious/handy sort you could try laying a few yourself. You may find it enjoyable

That flooring appears to be drop lock. I installed that style in my bathroom when I remodeled it. If you are of the ambitious/handy sort you could try laying a few yourself. You may find it enjoyable

The flooring is Cali Bamboo. Fossilized. Its some hardy stuff. I heard it would take a certain nail gun to assist the job? On the subject of building, I nailed the pallets that the flooring came on together to make a small garden box.

I've always wanted to do construction or wood working, ie. guitar building. I just wasn't born with any natural skill. I have a friend who is basically a jack of all trades that I would like to bring in and work with. He wouldn't mind the help and I wouldn't mind the experience.

To be honest, it could be a whole year from now before the floors can be put down. Financially we are chalked up until around July 2021.

Another thing that I think about is that with a few hundred extra a month on the mortgage, this house can be paid for in 5 years. That's sweet equity! We could do so much more, and more of what we actually want, like finishing the basement, metal roof, fence, open concept, enclosed porch, and a few other things.

Last edited:

Latest posts