• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Show me your enclosures!

Mayhemzz22

So im getting my third T in about 2 weeks, an Arizona blonde female around 5". ive been told she needs a decent amount of sub to burrow in and wanted to know what you guys currently use and where is the best place to get an enclosure from?

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
So im getting my third T in about 2 weeks, an Arizona blonde female around 5". ive been told she needs a decent amount of sub to burrow in and wanted to know what you guys currently use and where is the best place to get an enclosure from?
Thing is if you give them alot of substrate you will never see them...ever. I give mine about 4" with a corkbark tube angled to the corner of the enclosure. That's as far as they can go and they like it. I can send you better photos later but these are the tanks I use for burrowers.
20200329_124235.jpg
20200414_063046.jpg

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I put our 1/4" A. chalcodes sling in a small amac style enclosure, 2/3 full with substrate and have seen it maybe 4 times since receiving it.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
10.5”x 20.5”x 8”
7.5 gallons

Nice
Is the top a single, slide-out type screen? Did you mod it with drilled lucite or similar?

I have a low boy tank like that, slightly smaller footprint, I used to use as a grow out tank for fish and aquatic plants. Might need to adapt a lid for a T like my G. pulchripes when it grows to juvie

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Nice
Is the top a single, slide-out type screen? Did you mod it with drilled lucite or similar?

I have a low boy tank like that, slightly smaller footprint, I used to use as a grow out tank for fish and aquatic plants. Might need to adapt a lid for a T like my G. pulchripes when it grows to juvie
Single screen no mods.

Latest posts