• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Should I Rehouse my P. Metallic

Roxy_451

I've never raised a tarantula this size before. My first T was a B. Hamorii and she was decent size when I got her and molts 1x a year so re-housing her is easy for me. But my metallica (its name is cyanide) I'm unsure of. This is the T after it second molt with me. I feel it needs a rehouse very soon. But since I never had a T this small, I'm not sure. If people need more images I'll add more. It's very skittish and hard to photograph when it's out.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1515862768.jpg
    Snapchat-1515862768.jpg
    881.7 KB · Views: 29

Tarantulafeets

I think that it should be able to live in there for a few more molts, but when you do rehouse, I would put it in a bigger enclosure than what you would put it in, as that means less rehouses, which means less stress, especially old world arboreals.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That sling can molt three more times in that container. Plenty of space for it.

Welcome to the forum

Why not post a hello and tell us a little about you and the Ts you keep in the Introductions section?

Roxy_451

I think that it should be able to live in there for a few more molts, but when you do rehouse, I would put it in a bigger enclosure than what you would put it in, as that means less rehouses, which means less stress, especially old world arboreals.
Thanks. I have several vertical containers ready for it when it molts and will decide which is best based on how big it gets. I really enjoy old worlds...the hair kicking from my hamorii is annoying.