• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Should i change the substrate

Guys today my T moulted and after that i saw mold in her enclosure should i change the substrate is it harmful for her or should i wait for a week.( Mold is in the substrate so i cant just take it)

Are you sure it's mold? What substrate are you using?
İ am using cocopeat and i cant take a photo now but it is really mold( the photo isn't mine but it is almost same

Attachments

• images (28).jpeg
    images (28).jpeg
    10 KB · Views: 26

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I couldn't say what i mean but is it harmful for her to changing the substrate after couple days. Forgive me if i couldn't tell it in english :D

I'd leave her a week before changing the substrate, the mould won't harm her. Use dry substrate in her container in future, a water bowl will be enough to keep humidity right.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Definitely let her harden up, but I'd change the substrate once she does.

Organic chemical few peat is very mold resistant unlike cocofiber.

I had a T die from fecal impaction. I suspect, but can't prove, that mold did it. It was that yellow mold.

Another youtuYou lost his Singapore blue to the same thing & he had the exact same yellow mold.

That doesn't quite prove anything, but I'll change my substrate ASAP if it comes back again!!

Latest posts