• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Should I be worried?

Samantha895

3 Year Member
i have a M Robustum about 1 1/2". I just did some maintenance in his/her enclosure and noticed she is dragging her hind legs. I know they have a unique "threat posture" but not sure if I should be worried. Any ideas?

Nicolas C

3 Year Member
Samantha, is it possible for you to post a picture? It would help us understand exactly what you are talking about. The threat posture of M robustum is rather to lift up the abdomen than to drag the hind legs, but maybe we are talking of the same behaviour?

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Samantha895

3 Year Member
She ( don't know if it is a she for sure yet) doesn't seem to be too distressed. I'm just over protective maybe? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_0691.JPG
    IMG_0691.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 23

Samantha895

3 Year Member
Samantha, is it possible for you to post a picture? It would help us understand exactly what you are talking about. The threat posture of M robustum is rather to lift up the abdomen than to drag the hind legs, but maybe we are talking of the same behaviour?

It seems healthy to me. It can move the hind legs, right?

Yes. She must have just been mad at me... as she is standing fine now. I recently lost a baby and I guess I am still a bit nervous.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10

Latest posts