• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

She caved!!!

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
After I don’t know how long, my last hold out broke down and ate a mealworm last night! I was starting to think it wasn’t going to happen.

2D68EA79-8F6D-4FAA-ACD3-D3EEE6F9578D.png

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I tried feeding my pokie (Patricia) a mealworm by dropping it into the web. She attacked it, killed it, wrapped it up but didn't eat it.

Them she set up shop in the opposite corner even though that's on the cold side of her cage.

Now she's back where she usually is but still ignoring it.

I tried introducing a hornworm and a cricket. If the cricket gets the hornworm first, Patricia's shame will be very long indeed.

The only other thing she eats are roaches but the brick and mortar stores are reluctant to sell the small ones. I'm leery of just feeding one type of thing.

Entity

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I tried feeding my pokie (Patricia) a mealworm by dropping it into the web. She attacked it, killed it, wrapped it up but didn't eat it.

Them she set up shop in the opposite corner even though that's on the cold side of her cage.

Now she's back where she usually is but still ignoring it.

I tried introducing a hornworm and a cricket. If the cricket gets the hornworm first, Patricia's shame will be very long indeed.

The only other thing she eats are roaches but the brick and mortar stores are reluctant to sell the small ones. I'm leery of just feeding one type of thing.
@Whitelightning777 if you need some small roaches. I have some Eublaberus posticus I could send you if u are interested.