• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sexing a Juvenile GBB

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
S20210313_008.jpg

Poppy2020

3 Year Member
Great shots—this is still a bit confusing to me... top one looks female and the others male— it looks like the same molt but on the bottom three there is a hood on top? Male?

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Great shots—this is still a bit confusing to me... top one looks female and the others male— it looks like the same molt but on the bottom three there is a hood on top? Male?
Spermatheca can be different from species to species with tarantulas. It helps if you kinda know what you are looking for. Generally if there's nothing there to play with its a male...lol.
Heres a really good thread on spermatheca. If you scroll down to the highlighted species and click on them you can see really good photos of different spermatheca.
https://www.tarantulaforum.com/threads/how-to-sex-your-tarantula.281/

@Enn49 shouldn't this link be pinned in "What sex is my tarantula" vs. General tarantula discussion? Or maybe in both?

Last edited:

Latest posts