• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Scottish Airshow Photos - Farewell Avro Vulcan

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My other hobby (that I don't get to do often enough):
I love watching and taking photos of (Military) Aircraft

B17 Flying Fortress Sally B
ybmpdMg.jpg

Merlin Royal Navy Helicopter
qmTSwx3.jpg

kekDkvh.jpg

By air, by land and by sea: Royal Navy Combat display
VtASWUu.jpg

Typhoon Eurofighter (My favourite plane)
uRbKHvX.jpg

TENeblK.jpg

cEN7Nev.jpg

LpfTOZ5.jpg

CAP232 Single Engine Aerobatic Display. Deliberate Stall and tumble
pJGdQwf.jpg

...to be continued

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Irish Historical Flight Chipmunks
7kjHtzt.jpg

Hawks Role Demo
EaGoNKC.jpg

gay6LMe.jpg

Avro Vulcan - Last flight over Scotland before she retires. It was quite emotional. When she appeared over the cliffs everyone went very quiet
eTiyj4P.jpg

gFn9eyC.jpg

xm3LpZG.jpg

PcbzDiY.jpg

EuFpOYd.jpg

SAAB Draken - Swedish Airforce Historical Flight Display
Fgd9rLB.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Great pics. The Yorkshire Air Museum have a Vulcan that flies over my house regularly as the airfield is only a few miles down the road.

Fuzzball79

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Great pics. The Yorkshire Air Museum have a Vulcan that flies over my house regularly as the airfield is only a few miles down the road.
Thanks. It was the first time I've seen her fly, but what a machine. I love the sound of the back burners. It's a shame she is now retired, but apparently it takes 3-4 aviation companies to maintain her flight readiness, and the expertise and resources are not there any more.
I've watched the Typhoon once before at the Stirling Armed Forces Day and fell in love with it then (and with the Apache Gunship, absolute fantastic helicopter - the Merlin is a *****cat compared to that, lol).

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A lot of the old planes at Yorks. Air Museum are rolled out and started up on a fairly regular basis even if they are not airworthy just to keep them going.

Latest posts