• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Scorpion Communities

Jesse254

3 Year Member
Is it possible to keep scorpions in a communal environment? I have a 40 gallon breeder tank just waiting for me to put something into it. If not, is there anything someone could recommend to go in it. It has to be pretty low maintenance.

Lady Lilith

3 Year Member
Hi Jesse,

You may keep no more than 4 scorpions in a 40 Gal. I have Emperor Scorpions now, which are communal. I have a 30 Gal and keep two in it and they seem to be fine. I could keep three, but I'm good with what I have. I know a lot of hobbyists say they like confined spaces and lots of friends, but I used to keep more and it always turned out poorly. One would eat another, I never knew who got what prey item to eat, arguing over hides etc. Four at the most for your tank. Have fun :) And if you get a heater, please don't put it UNDER the tank. Scorps, well, depending on which type you get, burrow to get away from the heat. Putting a heat source under the tank will only bake your score.

Latest posts