• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Scolopendra Polymorpha (Tiger Centipede), info?

Cody-Myles

3 Year Member
I bought one of these awesome little creatures knowing as much as I could find out about their care requirements.
I know they max out at around 6" BL, are hardier than most other Scolopendra species (in regards to humidity) and have a less painful bite than most or even the least painful of the Scolopendra's.
'She' is around 1.5" BL and I have had her since the beginning of October '17. I can't find much out about their moulting habits so my questions are:
What are the signs that she is in pre-moult?
How often are these guys supposed to moult on average?
Do they always hide away?

In reference to the last question, I NEVER see her. She just hides under her cork bark constantly, doesn't come out to hunt. She is a hardy eater though, I usually feed her daily because she will take anything I throw in there. On average I will feed her 3-5 small crickets and sometimes double that or even 10 once before and she will take them all, every time.