• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Salmon Pink Bird eater not acting right.

Courtney Greenan

3 Year Member
Hi i have had my first and only t for about 3 years now and everything has been fine with her until about 5 days ago when she shed her skin. She has shed her skin twice before since ive had her and both times have been fine. i noticed that her legs were unstable and shaking slightly when trying to walk the first couple days of shedding but i just thought they might be a bit weak and get stronger over time. my main concern is that when she is sitting still she is lying flat on the ground with her legs spread and body on the floor. usually she will have her legs arched. her abdomen joint to the head looks like its been pulled. any ideas what could be wrong and what i could do?

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Hmmm - I'm not sure what this could be. Does anyone else have any ideas? Courtney can you post some photos so we can see what youre talking about?

BrianH

3 Year Member
Sounds like normal post molt behavior. If you are extremely worried you can put her in a ICU to hydrate her some.

Latest posts