• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sad Day

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I came home from my classes this afternoon to find my new P. reduncus sling had passed away. She was fine this morning, and had spent much of her time I had her webbing part of her container. I don't think it was anything I had done as the humidity was fine, and there was no mold. One of those things I guess, but it bugs me that I might have done something incorrectly.

spiderengineer

3 Year Member
the unexpected deaths are the worst. sorry for your loss. I have had it happen as well they looked fine hours ago and then suddenly dead or close to it. its easier when you can explain the death and use that as experience or to avoid a repeat. the ones that just happen will leave you wrapping your head for ever I still do with the ones that died unexplainable to me.

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thanks SE. I have been over everything and I really think it is just one of those cases where we won't know. Still sucks though.

Atx13

3 Year Member
sorry for your loss.. happy healthy slings sometimes pass.. the P.irminia I got awhile back arrived happy and healthy, hadn't eaten yet.. about 48 hours after it had been in my care, it passed...

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yeah, it's the first one I had pass. Now I am paranoid and have been checking my babies every few hours, making sure it wasn't a temp issue. But everything is fine. :/

Latest posts