• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rosie - Chilean Rose

Ravenrose

3 Year Member
Hope this works. Here are a couple pics of rosie in her enclosure. Before taking them she decided to crawl along my arm and would get off. Usually shes not keen on being picked, strange spidey!

The enclosure is going to be replaced once she grows. I dont have a lot of space at the minute but hope you like her.

Attachments

• DSC01104.JPG
    DSC01104.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 37
  • DSC01103.JPG
    DSC01103.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 40

CrypticSpider

3 Year Member
Ravenrose, beautiful T you have! I would like to suggest something, tho.... woodchips are not the ideal substrate for her. Most woods have a natural insect repellant that can be toxic for your tarantula. If you can find it, try coco coir instead.

Your pics came out beautifully!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
You should be able to find coconut coir under the name "Bed a beast" at most major pet stores. Some sell it as coco coir, coconut coir, ground coconut shell, etc

donna

3 Year Member
Ravenrose, beautiful T you have! I would like to suggest something, tho.... woodchips are not the ideal substrate for her. Most woods have a natural insect repellant that can be toxic for your tarantula. If you can find it, try coco coir instead.

Your pics came out beautifully!
hi, yeh when we got bindi there were woodchips like this in her tank & we changed it to substrate/coco as there were tiny lil white bugs living in it. when we first changed it though she would not walk on the ground just made her way round the tank on the glass & logs etc, took about a week for her to settle but now its all webbed etc & she seems happy