• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rosea's first meal after molt.

NYX

3 Year Member
Her bum got really slim after her molt. Boy did she hit that poor cricket like a ton of bricks. I thing she put on at least one inch in size. Nice to see her on action again. :)

Got some on video thought you guys and gals would enjoy.
Cheers,
Nyx

NYX

3 Year Member
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

The first photo came out blurry but you can really see her pink carapace well.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Looking good! Nice little video! Thank you for sharing

Therasoid

3 Year Member
Enjoyed the video & pics, nice healthy looking girl you have. Own 2 G. rosea and 5 G. porteri, 1 sub adult, others are matures. I enjoy mine quite a lot.

NYX

3 Year Member
Thanks Josh and Therasoid. The video was her dropping the cricket and webbing it then going for it again. Never saw her do that before glad I caught it with the camera. ;)
I love my gramostola she was my first T. I am glad she is a female and I get to enjoy her for many years to come!

Therasoid

3 Year Member
In good health many, many years, most live 20+ years. Females that is. Have 3 that are in their late teens. The G. Porteri are bulldozers, always rearranging their substrate. Lol!

FaaFaa

3 Year Member
Congrats on the successful molt! Rosies are like little mysteries you never know what they are going to do! What they like one week they may hate the next. This is by far one of my favorite species because they are forever changing their minds! You have one pretty girl there.

NYX

3 Year Member
Thanks FaaFaa! I love keeping T's for that reason it is like being a zoologist in the comfort of your home. Oh and I ordered all the supplies I need for the Temperature control unit. Just waiting for it to come in the post. Thanks again.

Latest posts