• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

rosea or porteri

rosea or porteri

• rosea

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • porteri

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I suspect rosea but so much difference of opinion on these, what is consensus with all you guys?

going to open a poll for 21 days to make life more interesting. we all like a good stat now don't we...lol
IMG-20180915-WA0000.jpg

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's a rosea Phil. Maybe :D Porteri are grey with very little pink, rosea are reddish brown with more pink. From what I've seen.. they're just color forms of the same animal, which I believe, based on what I've read. My big female had no brown or red in her, she was grey, with very little pink on her carapice. Carapace? What we need is a breeder of rosea/porteri to tell us if their sacs produce a wide range of colors..but who keeps a bunch of rosea slings to adulhood? And what were the parents? Are they sure? :rolleyes::confused::mad: Most of us just go by the best educated guess we can make, and very few breeders/hobbyists/dealers actually KNOW exactly what they have, 100%. That goes for all species. They have no idea if they're selling hybrids. We have no idea either. Why do I always do this..:rolleyes: . Its a rosea. Final answer. Maybe. Lol

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's a rosea Phil. Maybe :D Porteri are grey with very little pink, rosea are reddish brown with more pink. From what I've seen.. they're just color forms of the same animal, which I believe, based on what I've read. My big female had no brown or red in her, she was grey, with very little pink on her carapice. Carapace? What we need is a breeder of rosea/porteri to tell us if their sacs produce a wide range of colors..but who keeps a bunch of rosea slings to adulhood? And what were the parents? Are they sure? :rolleyes::confused::mad: Most of us just go by the best educated guess we can make, and very few breeders/hobbyists/dealers actually KNOW exactly what they have, 100%. That goes for all species. They have no idea if they're selling hybrids. We have no idea either. Why do I always do this..:rolleyes: . Its a rosea. Final answer. Maybe. Lol
I like someone who is decisive....PMSL.
I am going to say based on the side by side pics that I have one of each and list them that way on my spreadsheet. Unless they are lesbians, no chance of hybridization with these two anyway ;) Cheers Mass. :)