• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

U.K. Rosea’s/Porteri’s and Pampho’s

T-Baby

3 Year Member
Several Rosea’s and Porteri’s available, all female, either SAF or AF £80-120 depending on size etc
Pamphobeteus Antinious 6inch female £75
Pamphobeteus Platyomma 3cm £15
Pamphobeteus Masacara 4cm £20
Pictures available on request.
RMSD £10, can do deals on multiples.

Thanks for looking

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I thought the rosea was the red colour form of the porteri?

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I thought the rosea was the red colour form of the porteri?
the jury is still out on that one. School of thought being that porterii are all the grey/tan colour forms and therefore rosea is incorrect when they are this colour, and the ONLY G rosea is what we have become to know over the years as the "red". Its all a mess but from a hobby perspective, certainly over the last 30 or 40 years, rosea still come in the grey/tan and the red forms, with porterii classed as separate species that look virtually identical to the grey/tan rosea with the exception that they tend not to have the rose coloured carapace. Now I have a headache!!!! ha ha

I am sure others have a view. either way, both are lovely spiders and I have seen the 'porterii' @T-Baby is selling and she is an absolute darling and trust me, yes she is huge.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Rosea and porteri are 2 different species hence you can't breed them together - I'm sure @Arachnoclown will chime in on this as he knows they will not successfully breed -
Grammostola sp North is also seen as another form of rosea and IMAO the rosea red is definitely a red colour form of rosea and not a separate species in there own right?
Like @Phil has said there's debate over this and it's all a bit of a mess:(.... If you head over to AB you can see all the squabbling over the grammostola genus as a whole - when people try to flex what they have and get roasted for it :D either way they are all beautiful spiders :)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yes there are some slayers on AB...and that's all I will say on that topi having briefly dipped my toes in those waters.

There are always going to be opinions, it's how you conduct yourself and express them that matters. :)

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Yes there are some slayers on AB...and that's all I will say on that topi having briefly dipped my toes in those waters.

There are always going to be opinions, it's how you conduct yourself and express them that matters. :)
I 100% agree with you there @Phil - there are some slayers over on AB.. But also some dragons - they seem to do a good job keeping each other in check ;)
A good debate is worth having if both sides are listened to and not looking through 'rosea' tinted glasses :p I think the grammys are long overdue a revision....

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Heres my two ladies...

Grammostola rosea female 11 years old
20201004_145409.jpg
Grammostola porteri female 20 years old
20201004_145356.jpg

Latest posts