• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Roach decisions...

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
I was wandering around central Texas today and found a bunch of B. lateralis roaming around under a traffic cone during an 85F day around mid afternoon. Just another reason why I'm glad I went with dubia instead of those red runners. If they can survive in the Texas heat and dryness, they can survive most places in the US. Dubia would have a hell of a time in this place.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Yah I always hear dubia are the way to go almost no matter what.

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
I have had excellent results with dubia. All three of my roses CHOW them down. Once my avic calms down a bit, I'm hoping to get her on them too.

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
I've heard they have a tough exoskeleton, but are better nutritionally. Not sure how true that is, however.

On a side note, I have nothing big enough to eat them so it would be a waste for me anyhow.

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
Just pulled my first batch of babies from the breeder tub (to be placed into the grower tub) and got a rough count of 250. Considering I have 44 females in there, and many had visible oothecae protruding, I'd say this is just the beginning. This will be nice if I have little babies to feed, otherwise I'll be overrun! Good thing I have a local buyer, ha!