• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Roach Bin.

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It really depends on where you are going to put it. My bin is clear & I have cut two 4 inch by 3 inch areas from my bins & replaced those areas with a fine grill to aid good air circulation. My bins are kept in a quiet corner with bits & pieces around them which reduce disturbance & my Hissing ****roaches seem to be thriving & my Dubias seem to be doing fine.

The reason I cannot be as sure about my Dubias, is my Hissing colony started as adult only & my Dubia colony is only a few months old & started as adult & juvenile. So I am not 100% sure if all of my Dubia juveniles are new or not.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have all my roach colonies in clear tubs. This doesnt effect anything...they are all breeding out of control. I sell off alot of roaches. So dark containers thing is debunked.
20200422_175431_1.gif

Hissers, red runners, dubias and superworms.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have all my roach colonies in clear tubs. This doesnt effect anything...they are all breeding out of control. I sell off alot of roaches. So dark containers thing is debunked.

Hissers, red runners, dubias and superworms.
Nice
What do you use for substrate?
I'm contemplating switching sub to 100% vermiculite to increase odor control

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Nice. What sp. beetles and where did you get them?
I lost my beetles when I upgraded bins...
Dermestidae...not sure which exact species theres 100s. They came in a order of roaches and I've just kept breeding them. They will over run a roach colony so I have to intervene. I'll do a substrate change every couple months and add only two beetles. The others I sell for taxidermy.