• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Review of Thistles (forum member)

Underclock

3 Year Member
There doesn't seem to be a review of Thistles here, and there definitely should be.

I just purchased 3 spiderlings from her, anf I've had an overwhelmingly positive experience with her.

She was talkative and friendly throughout the entire purchasing process, her communication was great, even humored me while I decided if I even wanted to purchase from her.

Her customer appreciation is pretty great too. Let me talk her into a pretty sizable discount from asking price on three spiders, footed the bill and gave be free shipping, and to top it off, when I unwrapped my package, I found not three small vials of spiders like I ordered, but four. Included with my 3 M balfouri was a B vagans.

The packaging was above average. All the spiders were safely packed away in little vials, safely packed with damp towel, small vent holes punched in the lids. Heck, one if the lid's vents formed the outline of a spider, which at the very least would have taken a considerable time. The vials were then wrapped in a length of paper towel for padding, and all four were packed together and wrapped very securely in a thermal type bubble wrap to protect them from the elements and hold them all together. This silver package was in a box and held in place by more paper product, and then the lid to the box was taped securely in place. I felt like it went beyond just getting the spiders to me in one piece (despite my initially declining LAG, which was given to me anyhow because of my specific living arrangements), it felt like the entire package was a presentation, it was almost artful.

The 3+1 spiders I recieved were all in a heathy condition and, except for the stubborn vagans who initially resisted, all were moving about without a care in the world once I got them into their new homes. All of them look to have a healthy amount of chub on them, and the 3 balfouri layed down a thin layer of webbing across their substrate almost immediately.

Over all, like I said, had a great experience with Thistles, and I will be keeping an eye on her for sale posts in the future

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Received 3 slings today, (P.irminia)
packing was stellar, (including the adorable spider lid on one of the vials)
There was some hold up in shipping so they were a day late. BUT! They came fat healthy and in perfect condition! They settled immediately ate and made their little web tents.
Absolutely recommend Thistles,
perfect communication, healthy spiders.
Have every intention of ordering from her in future.

Kymura

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not only is she always helpful and willing to give advice, her animals are always in beautiful condition. Copying my review here to share as well.

Pros
- Communication is exemplary, packing is perfect, spiders are in beautiful condition.
Cons - Absolutely none.
I received several spiders today, in a variety of sizes and all in perfect condition!
Thistles kept the lines of communication open every step of the way. Absolutely my first goto when I'm looking for 'just one more'
Puts the health of her animals first as proven by holding one back due to heavy premolt.
Also refunded $ when the shipping ended up less then quoted.
Thistles is 110% on every aspect.

sdsnybny

3 Year Member
Just received 5 beautiful healthy active T's from @Thistles 2 MM's looking for love, 1 juvenile female E. pachypus with sweet gams, and 2 freebies H. gabonensis slings ;). I wouldn't hesitate to do business with her in the future. The complete transaction was smooth throughout.
Thanks for the new girl Thistles!
2018-04-03 11.57.22.jpg

Last edited:

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
A++! Bought a juvie gbb from @Thistles and it was great! Pricing was a deal. It molted before it could be sent so she held on to it for me until it hardened up. Packaging was great. One corner was dented in pretty well thanks to the carrier but it was packed plenty well to withstand this. I was delighted to find that she had included the molt and also aa tiny H gabonensis freebie. Talk about a unique and exciting freebie!

Thistles

3 Year Member
Missing the point of a review thread... Do you post this sort of thing for everyone, or am I special?

edit: Deleted post making me look insane...

Last edited:

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I ordered from thistles for the first time, now i am wondering why did i not do it sooner, why? The deals she offers are amazing and she packs exceptionally well. All of the tarantulas i ordered made it in great shape and very lively. I recommend buying from thistles if you want a really reliable seller who cares deeply about their tarantulas. I will definitely without a doubt be ordering again.

110% positive
110% positive
110% positive
110% positive

Latest posts