• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Review of ApexInverts (forum member)

Underclock

3 Year Member
I realise there is a review for the website, but I dealt with him strictly through the forum, so I figured it wouldn't be the worst thing to make a thread specifically for that. I bought an A. versicolor from him back in May, I've been putting off a bunch of reviews for a while, but he deserves it

Communication: His communication was great, very fast, I think I had my spider 2 days after the first time I messaged him. Pretty good turn over, I got a very business like vibe from him, which is nice

Shipping: As mentioned, the shipping was fast. He only offered faster shipping methods, which cost a bit more than the slower/cheaper methods I usually opt for, but that's nbd. He offers LAG on all his shipping methods, and that's tough to do if you let people have too many options, so o don't hold it against him, it's just smart business

Packaging: The packaging was your standard affair. A damp paper towel, in a small vial, encapsulated in ample packaging material, surrounded by foam insulation board, sealed tight in a small box. Nothing left to be desired

LAG: Unfortunately, my first little guy didn't survive the trip, and even more unfortunately, I was at work at the time of delivery, and was not able to check on it for 5 hours past his 2 hour LAG window, two things that were not his fault. I figured it couldn't hurt to ask if he was able to do anything for me and, begrudgingly, he offered me a one time refund (minus shipping, of course) outside of his terms. I don't know if he would want me to advertise that he did that, but it shows great customer service, so I think it warrants a mention. That being said, I wouldn't have been upset if he hadn't done that, his terms are clear, and it wasn't his fault I couldn't check on the package in time.

The spider itself: With the refund, I ordered a second versicolor sling from him. This one arrived happy, healthy, and tiny. About the size of my thumb nail. It ate a dwarf while isopod and molted shortly after that. Unfortunately, that was the last time it ate, and it sadly passed away in the middle of July. I don't see this as a reflection of the quality of Apex's spiders, It did genuinely seem healthy when it arrived. I tried a decent variety of foods, some slings just don't make it, maybe I made a mistake.

Overall, I did have a positive experience buying from ApexInverts, and I hope I'm able to buy from him again in the future

Latest posts