• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rescued a tarantula from a tarantula hawk

spycow77

3 Year Member
Yesterday evening around 8 pm CST. I saw a tarantula hawk dragging a paralyzed tarantula. Where I live there are lots of tarantula hawks and it has been becoming a problem. So I wanted to stop the tarantula hawk before it laid eggs inside the tarantula.

I "got rid of" the tarantula hawk, which left the tarantula just laying there paralyzed. I couldn't just leave the poor tarantula, so I took him in and put him inside a spare enclosure I have, while he recovers. I'm aware that it may take months in order for the tarantula to be able to hunt on his own again and in the meantime I'll have to give him water with an eye dropper and feed him small bits of mashed up crickets. Also, I know he's alive because when I stimulate his hairs he'll twitch his legs like he's trying to move.

This is my first post and I thought you guys might find it interesting. I've had 2 tarantulas in the past and currently have a G. Rosea. I have many pictures and videos of the currently paralyzed tarantula and even a video of the tarantula hawk dragging the tarantula if anyone is interested.

Any advice is appreciated!