• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Reptil City and HaHaHa Reptiles

Felo623

3 Year Member
Does anybody bought any Ts to these company(the same owner)

I spent around $300.00 on September 2 with Hahaha reptils and I still waiting for them. I have been sending emails and they do not answer. I had the same experience with Reptil City around 4 month ago. I spent around $300.00 and I received the wrong Ts. I need an advice I am new with this hobby. I never had a problem like this. I have been buying here and other websites and I did have any problem. Just need an advice because I am new in this hobby. Sorry about I do not like this situations. Thanks

timc

3 Year Member
I have never dealt with these “companies” but as a rule of thumb, I don’t trust websites with spelling/grammatical errors or that follow every item description with “for sale” (ie: bearded dragons for sale, tree frogs for sale, striped knee tarantula for sale), both of which litter those sites, as reputable. A couple other sites come to mind, some members here probably know what sites i’m talking about. If you find yourself wondering about the legitimacy of a website it never hurts to contact them before ordering, that way you at least have a line of communication started. And hey, if they never respond, you know you shouldn’t be giving them your money. But any reputable dealer will respond to you, often very quickly.

Do you mind if I ask what tarantulas you ordered and what you actually received? That’s not something one hears about often in the hobby. I hope you can get the situation settled without much more hair pulling. In such a fringe hobby as tarantula keeping I never understood taking advantage of a buyer. The community is so small word gets around rather quickly so there can’t be that much financial benefit.

Felo623

3 Year Member
I have never dealt with these “companies” but as a rule of thumb, I don’t trust websites with spelling/grammatical errors or that follow every item description with “for sale” (ie: bearded dragons for sale, tree frogs for sale, striped knee tarantula for sale), both of which litter those sites, as reputable. A couple other sites come to mind, some members here probably know what sites i’m talking about. If you find yourself wondering about the legitimacy of a website it never hurts to contact them before ordering, that way you at least have a line of communication started. And hey, if they never respond, you know you shouldn’t be giving them your money. But any reputable dealer will respond to you, often very quickly.

Do you mind if I ask what tarantulas you ordered and what you actually received? That’s not something one hears about often in the hobby. I hope you can get the situation settled without much more hair pulling. In such a fringe hobby as tarantula keeping I never understood taking advantage of a buyer. The community is so small word gets around rather quickly so there can’t be that much financial benefit.
Thanks for your advice.

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Sorry about your potential losses. Let us know how it works out. FYI: in the US, it is hard to beat Casey K for customer service. Super reliable.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I can't remember if it was here or AB, or then again it could've been a random Facebook comment, but from what I remember they are not places you would want to buy from.

In most cases NEVER buy from sellers that specialize in reptiles, as it usually doesn't turn out well. There are a few good sellers out there with reptile in their name, but again there are "VERY FEW" out there.

Here on the forums is always the way to go.

I haven't made a recent purchase, but I would add to what Panzo and Felo said about word of mouth.
For some reason exotics, and especially reptile dealers have had an extremely bad reputation. If you get a wiff of something illegal burning, you're probably right with the exotics. They likely have a side business. The majority are bad, and a small handful very good. You might want to contact the attorny general's office if there's no further response. I've had the best success with long term breeders directly when it comes to anything. They are normally the most informed and care about their broods/litters.

I've not been here long and purchased from forum members yet, but think that would be a safe place to start. There's probably others, but heard only good things about Casey.
Hope you get a refund promptly.

Latest posts