• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Removing cricket remains out of my Cobalt Blue's burrow

venom6669

3 Year Member
My Cobalt Blue sling molted a few wks. ago and has finally started to burrow in her enclosure. This may be a silly question, but do the Cobalts usually eat the crickets outside of their burrow, or in their burrow and how would I go about removing the cricket remains out of her burrow w/out disturbing her or destroying the burrow hole? Should I just use my feeding tongs to reach inside her burrow to pick out the cricket remains? I just don't want any leftover cricket remains to be left inside the burrow which would likely attract flies and/or mold!

DalilahBlue

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Most of the time they will bring them out for you! Several of my guys do it, even going as far to dump the boluses in their water dish or other localized spot for easy clean up. My rosie has even started wrapping them up in webbing and then pooping on them....