• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Rehouses

Stat

3 Year Member
OBT got an upgrade to his normal setup deeper substrate and some anchor points. Chilled out in its coconut hide entire time I was messing around awaiting the mad dash lol.

One happy OBT

Rehoused my hairy as well isolation boredom lol.

And my pink salmon Bird but it has just molted below a day old fresh T. Will add pictures of new enclosure once he or she has chilled.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Oh look...there you are!!!!
Screenshot_20171209-182826.jpg
What you dont like being caught????
20190511_222701.gif

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Dont think I'm knocking your enclosure...I still have one in that type enclosure. Theres nothing wrong with it. I do have many others set up in one gallon jar set up like arboreals...no escapees that way. Just in case you get tired of the fighting when it gets comfortable in it's new home. Theres another way to keep them. Unless your twisted like me and enjoy the fight. :D
20181205_100014.jpg
20180819_172444.jpg

Soulman

OBT got an upgrade to his normal setup deeper substrate and some anchor points. Chilled out in its coconut hide entire time I was messing around awaiting the mad dash lol.

One happy OBT

Rehoused my hairy as well isolation boredom lol.

And my pink salmon Bird but it has just molted below a day old fresh T. Will add pictures of new enclosure once he or she has chilled.

That photo could have so gone wrong!haha,but very nice

Stat

3 Year Member
Dont think I'm knocking your enclosure...I still have one in that type enclosure. Theres nothing wrong with it. I do have many others set up in one gallon jar set up like arboreals...no escapees that way. Just in case you get tired of the fighting when it gets comfortable in it's new home. Theres another way to keep them. Unless your twisted like me and enjoy the fight. :D View attachment 44690View attachment 44691

Love the photos and all advice welcome this is its home until it gets to near fully grown still a juvenile. What setup would you advise and why? I'm guessing it is in premolt as its webbed up the coco fibre and told me to do one when I offered a cricket after a 12 day feed gap lol

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I prefer tall arboreal enclosures for OBT. They tend to stay down or retreat down when you open the enclosure. Plus it gives you more time to react. It doesnt really matter though, Whatever you as a keeper are comfortable with. The gallon jars are so much easier to rehouse or remove them for a deep cleaning. More space to work...

JayManges

I prefer tall arboreal enclosures for OBT. They tend to stay down or retreat down when you open the enclosure. Plus it gives you more time to react. It doesnt really matter though, Whatever you as a keeper are comfortable with. The gallon jars are so much easier to rehouse or remove them for a deep cleaning. More space to work...
Your OBT is a real puppy dog. Surprised you didn't open the new enclosure and point for it to go in.

Stat

3 Year Member

Cheers for the advice will keep it ind mind for the final move guessing in a year or so.