• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Recycling an enclosure?

shaun

3 Year Member
If i rehouse a T, could i then use it's old enclosure for a smaller T, when ready for a rehouse.
Seems a shame not to use a ready-made enclosure.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
just be careful with plastic enclosures when washing as they scratch very easy and you can end up with more milky enclosure what you had before.
Only soft sponges and hot water. haha
Regards Konstantin

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
PS you are not really aserious tarantula enthusiast if you dont have some boxes full with tubs ,deli cups etc laying around waiting for something to be housed in them lol
I couldn't agree more, there was some time when anything with a lid was fair game as an enclosure. My wife's Tupperware collection took a hit then it was me taking one when she found out :)

Phototoxin

PS you are not really aserious tarantula enthusiast if you dont have some boxes full with tubs ,deli cups etc laying around waiting for something to be housed in them lol
I wouldn't say I'm super serious, merely 4 Ts of 2 species, but even I have a spare enclosure, a bigger enclosure and spare decorations and gubbins around with substrate in the post!

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Thats the spirit.haha
I have exo terra 30x30x45 h and dont keep arboreals apart from two C versicolor that can't go in there cause they don't grow large enough.lol

Latest posts