• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Recent tarantula owner, should i be worried or overthinking?

kaeuri

After a bit of contemplation, my anxiety got the best of me and I wanted to make a post to look for help. 2 days ago I finally got my first tarantula; she’s a Tliltocatl albopilosus. I got her at a exotics pet shop and they said she molted about 4-5 weeks ago and she’s about 4 inches. last fed not even a week ago. Well ever since i moved her into her enclosure she has been stress curled in the highest corner of her enclosure, which happens to be right on top of her hide. she put down a good amount of webbings in that area too. I can post photo of her enclosure and what she is doing if that would help. Thank you!

kaeuri

Hi
pictures of her and the setup will help so please share.
Regards Konstantin

here is a photo of her enclosure and of her, i feel so bad if i’m doing wrong by her. :(
494FBCA4-BBF0-41F4-9580-DD82DA08CA0A.jpeg
B036C394-4332-433F-AA7E-1C399CB2FF7A.jpeg

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I brought my Theraphosa stirmi home & then transferred her to a new enclosure in the same day, so she obviously got a little stressed & like your curly, she stood herself in a corner. So I put her enclosure on a low shelf & simply put boxes in front of her enclosure, so she could have a slightly darker enclosure & less disturbance. Overnight she took refuge in her shelter & looked far less stressed.

Latest posts