• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Random Updates

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
Don't know how interested anyone is, but I thought I'd share anyway.

My new avic sling molted for the first time in my care. I got it on the 3rd and it had recently molted when purchased (probably the last week of may--it's siblings had yet to molt) which makes two molts in two months! Bam! It's now about an inch long or so. I'll do my best to get some shots in a week or so when it feeds again.

My G. rosea females have refused to feed ever since being bred in mid May as well. They were heavily fed before hand and are just getting bigger now, so I'm not worried or anything... Is this the norm though? I continually try once a week and they don't take. I feel like I should stop all together to prevent a disturbance.

And one more thing... My Flickr page is up and good and organized so if you guys are interested, feel free to check it out!

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Congrats on the Avic moult!! I'm hoping for a moult from our A.avic as well. Always exciting.

I gave up long ago trying to determine what was normal for a Rosie LOL. They seem to be all over the charts. All I know is ours is a nutcase LOL

laura916

3 Year Member
Don't know how interested anyone is, but I thought I'd share anyway.

My new avic sling molted for the first time in my care. I got it on the 3rd and it had recently molted when purchased (probably the last week of may--it's siblings had yet to molt) which makes two molts in two months! Bam! It's now about an inch long or so. I'll do my best to get some shots in a week or so when it feeds again.

My G. rosea females have refused to feed ever since being bred in mid May as well. They were heavily fed before hand and are just getting bigger now, so I'm not worried or anything... Is this the norm though? I continually try once a week and they don't take. I feel like I should stop all together to prevent a disturbance.

And one more thing... My Flickr page is up and good and organized so if you guys are interested, feel free to check it out!

you have an amazing photo of your Grammastola eating, love it!

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
Thanks, laura. I'm a macro shooter anyway, but don't have much of the proper equipment I used to have. Maybe I can make something work soon enough, but for now, this camera I have isn't doing too bad of a job!

ipreventdeath

3 Year Member
For my macro shooting I use an older Canon 35mm SLR with an assortment of lenses (mostly older manual lenses), lens reversing mounts, and extension tubes. I need to update my set-up with a DSLR body and get away from the film developing arena, though.

For the pictures I post on here I use a 16.2MP Sony Cybershot DSC-WX9 with a Carl Zeiss lens and a fantastic macro mode. It also takes HD video. As far as pocket cameras go, this thing is a beast. I think it cost me $250 a couple years back, so it better be good...