• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Question

ReeceJones

3 Year Member
i recently bought (yesterday) a Tapinauchenius plumpies and i read up online that they're related to the Avicularia because its a tree spider. The common name is Mahogany tree spider.

You'll find photos of my Tapinauchenius plumpies below.

Thank you for any comments.

Attachments

• IMG_2565.JPG
    IMG_2565.JPG
    200.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2566.JPG
    IMG_2566.JPG
    251.7 KB · Views: 11

ReeceJones

3 Year Member
Tapinauchenius are great Ts but be warned they are very fast, much faster than Avics. Congrats on a great buy :)
i did a little research for things like temp, humidity, natural habitats etc and found some information saying that Tapinauchenius are the fastest genus. I cleaned out her enclosure today (unfortunately where she was kept before the people had the enclosure like a swamp (and i do understand they have high humidity) and mold began forming and growing) and when i was getting her out of it she was being very calm and slowly walked out into another cup to hold her for the time being. She was actually calmer that my first T, Brachypelma Hamorii which are known to be amazing first tarantulas for being so docile and calm like grammostola rosea. And keep in mind this Tapinauchenius plumpies is my second T... I'm extremely careful. i don't want her bolting and then hiding from me