• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Question on OBT housing.

Brittni

3 Year Member
I want to do something like this
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showthread.php?213864-scorpion-proofed-divided-10-gal

It's a 10 gal divided in 3 separate compartments, easily done. I get a LOT of mixed feelings about housing tarantulas. Personally, I like to give them tons of room even though they don't require it, while others house theirs in plastic critter keepers. I just want to know if/when each OBT is fully adult would each have sufficient room with the three?

Thanks.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Divided tanks are a bad idea in general imo. It won't take much for one OBT to get to the other. That tank is for Scorpions, they can't climb.

Atx13

3 Year Member
Adult obt could honestly be kept in a medium size KK, they only use a small amount of space to make a web den... as long as you can fit a water dish and hide or some cork bark in a corner... they're happy..

Tguy

3 Year Member
Divided tanks are a bad idea in general imo. It won't take much for one OBT to get to the other. That tank is for Scorpions, they can't climb.
Divided tanks are a bad idea if not done right and that tank is not right for T's if you take the time and do it right you can have many split tanks with no worries...T's are very strong and can squeeze through places you wouldn't think

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Divided tanks are a bad idea if not done right and that tank is not right for T's if you take the time and do it right you can have many split tanks with no worries...T's are very strong and can squeeze through places you wouldn't think

If it's one shared lid I strongly disagree.

Latest posts