• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

pulchripes doing something weird

Grammostola in my heart

3 Year Member
my g pulchripes is acting strange. shes really skittish (normally, the only way to make her move is to feed her) shes walled herself inside her little flower pot hide. is this a sign of an upcoming molt?

Grammostola in my heart

3 Year Member
heres a picture
PICT0106.JPG

Alexander White

3 Year Member
Mine does that when about to molt. She covers the exit/entrance to her hide out with webbing and substrate too. Its a way to keep safe in the wild. Mine does it like a week before molting. Sometimes two.

LauraMI

3 Year Member
My G. pulchra dug a burrow & stayed there for 3 weeks w/o eating, then ate a small cricket, molted two days later. Still in the burrow; I think it's channeling its inner-trapdoor spider because it waits for crickets to come down its tunnel.
Try not to worry; easy for me to say, though, because I could see it the whole time.

2G33K4U

3 Year Member
My fire red birdeater L. Difficilus just molted sucks because his molt is in bottom of the hole he live sin. I would have to destroy is home to get it out. I hope he eventually pushes it out.