• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Psyrocke's Gaggle of Ts

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Just an example of some of my current babies.
IMG_0057.JPG

B.cabocla
IMG_0060.JPG

B. vagans
IMG_0108.JPG

cabocla again
IMG_0167.JPG

T. sp Colombia
DSCN0057.JPG

P. sp South Hispaniola

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
DSCN0351.JPG
In an amazing twist of fate, my (fat) B. cabocla was outisde his hide
DSCN0341.JPG
Before I startled him into the crevice you see in photo 1
DSCN0332.JPG
DSCN0332.JPG
Checking out the scenery.
DSCN0364.JPG
Newest addition: Tapinauchenius sp Caribbean Diamond
IMG_0507.JPG
Slightly better shot
IMG_0515.JPG

Backside

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
I just added these 5 beauts to my gaggle. In the one with 0 ts seen, it houses 3 Kochiana brunnipes. Right now at 1/8" big they are being housed communally which back in 2007 I saw in a post someone do who bred these little dwarves. I might continue the communal trial, I might not when they are bigger but for now we shall see.
20160220_135236.jpg
That is a burrow of the 3 k. brunnipes
20160220_135724.jpg
This is my C. olivaceum (now happily sitting on a cricket)
2016022095134824.jpg

H. gabonensis.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
photo 4 (1).JPG
Venom the Phormictopus sp South Hispaniola loves her pipe cleaner. That candle is never lit near her container..I just placed it there temporarily.
photo 2 (5).JPG
Skell, the Bumba cabocla appears to be working on blocking the entrance to his hide. Hopefully his(?) big booty will shrink in the near future.
photo 3 (3).JPG
Ninhursag, the Brachypelma vagans has been fasting for awhile but shows no sign of getting ready to shrink her big booty.(She has one tunnel and a hide that I never see her use).
photo 1 (3).JPG
Laveau, the Tapinauchenius sp Carribean Diamond, clearly was well fed before her trek over her. Look at her shiny big butt and little feathery legs!

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
photo 2.JPG
This is Laveau's underside. Look at it's little chilcerae, the darkest part of its body. The tappis babie colors seem to have some purplish tinge to me but its chilcerae are definitely just as dark as my 2.5" sp Colombia.
photo 3.JPG

Falcon was out this morning, not sure for how long but I saw him 15 minutes after I was already looking for at least one of the 3. Falcon is the greyest, and his patch the shiniest.
photo 4.JPG

Skell was out this morning as well. Not sure what his plans are..but he needs a molt so bad. Clearly.
photo 5.JPG

I took this to try and sex him, and he's looking male to me. It's not straight on or the best, but he spooks easily and I was trying not to do that so I could still see his underside.
photo 1.JPG

And this is the set up for my incoming roach nymphs (Hemiblabera tenebricosa-Horseshoe Crab/Broadkey) for feeders due the variance in size and molt status and how crickets are sold in my town, roaches and mealworms seem to be the more financially stable option.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
So Balthazzar, debating renaming him Zoom but thats a DC name not Marvel, the Chaetopelma olivaceum has started webbing up his "shrub/tree" thing:
004.JPG 006.JPG
It's kinda hard to see but its in the top little valley/divet area.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
IMG_0626.JPG
Meet Minwi, the Tapinauchenius violaceus.
IMG_0631.JPG
Another shot of Balthazzar. He doesn't like the hide I switched out (he was using the mealworm dish...). I will rectify and give him something similar to the dish soon. He is a big sassy brat.

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
20160603_221047_resized.jpg
Busy bee at work, did a lot of construction yesterday
20160603_221121_resized.jpg
Still likes to show off her tummy
20160603_221419_resized.jpg
Somone is making my life hard but really digging and webbing
20160603_221425_resized.jpg
Lots of it, even in his own tunnel. Is this a do not disturb sign beginning?

Psyrocke

3 Year Member
Dorado, the Tapinauchenius sp Carribbean Diamond taken this morning while he was out. He tends to burrow at night and blends so darn well into his sub which makes me sad cause he's so stunning:
20160714_072407.jpg
20160714_072424.jpg