• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Psalmopoeus irminia/Venezuelan Suntiger

T'z_and_more_T'z

3 Year Member
About 12 years ago, I was at a buddies local pet shop. He had an adult Sun Tiger female in a large exo terra with just a piece of cork bark. I noticed a weird root growing from the back of the enclosure. The T was all the way at the top of the enclosure scrunched up in the corner. So I went to grab the root and pull it out, not knowing it was growing all the way to the top of the enclosure. So as I pulled it, it freaked out the T and she immediately jumped and land on my hand and bolted back up the enclosure. As I pulled my hand back I felt a warm sensation in my hand followed by a slight tightness of my right ring finger. I looked a bit closer and saw a pin prick of blood on my finger where she landed. For about an hour I had cold sweats, tad nauseous, and my finger didn't get any tighter, I didn't feel much else as far as effects past my risk. I sat in the ac in my car for about an hour drinking water. And after an hour I felt fine. So that's my experience getting 1 fang tagged by a Venezuelan Sun Tiger.