• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Psalmopoeus Irminia ICU

Dakotti

Hello everyone,

I'm very new to this forum. Never been here, never looked at any threads, just made an account within the past couple of minutes. Not sure if this is the right subforum to be posting in, couldn't find an appropriate one for this specific conversation. Without further ado, let me give context to the subject.

I ordered a 1" P. Irminia sling recently. The shipping was initially fine, I was keeping track of it. It arrived in Florida in one day, but proceeded to remain where it was for a while (as far as I know), for about two days. Today comes, and finally it arrives. I assemble the cage that came with it as fast as possible, I get them out of their container and they're barely moving. Death curl and everything, but damn it feels like they're trying to just hang on. Assembled an ICU almost immediately afterward, about three hours ago. I took a nap and woke up during that time, haven't slept in a while. They were more reactive, but still intense death curl, but this time with a lot more energy. I just don't know if there's any steps I can't take to try and help it more, if there's anything I could've done, or if they are simply a straight up goner. I have a live arrival guarantee, I just don't want this T to die.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello and welcome.
Take a photo and send it to the seller explaining what happened, let him know what you've done to help it and say you'll let him know what happens.
As far as the T is concerned all you can do is put it somewhere quiet and dark, make sure it has access to water and we'll all keep our fingers crossed for it.

Mundo exotico

Hello. It happened to me with m balfouri sling. It came curled and not moving. I put her in enclosure near the burrow with waterdish and misted her a bit. After 1day she went inside the burrow. I left also half tenebrio in front of the burrow. Next day it was gone.

Dakotti

So, update on the situation, she's still alive. She seems to be improving somewhat, but her front legs seem to be consistently within a death curl. She tries her best to move when she can, but doesn't seem to be able to. I was wondering if it were possible if she were trying to molt. If so, should I flip her on her back, or should I simply keep her in the ICU and keep it as fresh as possible?

menavodi

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Can you share a picture? I would not move her. They will molt in and position if they have to...

Mundo exotico

I would do like Enn49 advise.
Inside her enclosure in a dark place with water dish and let her rest and gain energy. Drop some drops of water in fangs. Check her one day after.

Latest posts