• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Problem with my P metallica male

Marija

3 Year Member
My p metallica male that I got more that a month ago started to act funny today.
He's not able to hold on to surfaces well and his abdomen seems shriveled. I was even able to flip him over.
I've put him in a clean container with damp paper towel...
Any advice on what to do? Thank you
IMG_2184.JPG

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Could he be an MM that is nearing his end? Normally I'd say premoult with the problems gripping but if his abdomen is shrivelled it suggests old age.

Marija

3 Year Member
Could he be an MM that is nearing his end? Normally I'd say premoult with the problems gripping but if his abdomen is shrivelled it suggests old age.
He's not mature though, he's a young male.
This is him 5 days ago when he was perfectly fine.
IMG_2008.JPG

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Unfortunately there usually isn't much you can do... since he'll let you flip him over, maybe put a drop of water on his fangs and see if he drinks. If so keep adding drops of water until he's done drinking.

Marija

3 Year Member
Unfortunately there usually isn't much you can do... since he'll let you flip him over, maybe put a drop of water on his fangs and see if he drinks. If so keep adding drops of water until he's done drinking.
He drank from a drop of water yesterday in the ICU but unfortunately passed away during the night.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm so sorry, I know how happy to were when you got him :(. Make sure you speak to Jakub about it.

Marija

3 Year Member
I'm so sorry, I know how happy to were when you got him :(. Make sure you speak to Jakub about it.
Thanks Enn, I was happy to have a pair of such beautiful species. I guess I'll have to find an another male.
I've emailed Jakub as you said.

Marija

3 Year Member
@Enn49 I've contacted Jakub as you've suggested and he was kind enough to send me a new male even though I've had him for month and a half :) Thanks for that advice! Here is the new male

21909961_144973009441986_6455173478944342016_n.jpg