• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Privacy screen for my pokie

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My Striata Patricia is always hanging out in corners of the enclosure and won't make a web between the woodwork as expected.

This privacy backing ought to keep her from feeling exposed by clear glass and keep her in a proper place.

I give this a 50 percent chance of working. Heck, I don't even have to qualify with this target!!
P striatta privacy screen Patricia.jpg

Cody-Myles

3 Year Member
Luckily Ts can't see very well so I think it's just the light ingress that bothers her but when the lights are off and it's dark, she will think that she is in a hole as she is between 2 hard places and there's no light.
Do striatas web?, I know vittatas don't [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Mine makes a small web in the corner, back right. I'm pretty sure pokies see a bit better then most other tarantulas.

She has no problem chasing down crickets, which disappear within a few hours showing up as boluses within the web a day or two later.

Some folks said the enclosure was to big but she has no problem owning it.