• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Preparing for Bearded Dragon.

bookac

3 Year Member
Yes i am :) I am preparing to get an Bearded Dragon in a few months, i am so exited and i wanted to share :)

Anyone here owning one ? so can give me some hints :) ?

bookac

3 Year Member
I don't own one but I know a lot about them.

This forum is a great resource: http://www.beardeddragonforum.com/

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask! These guys aren't difficult to take care of once you've got everything right.

Thank you, i have already joined the forum, and post it there , so i will have 1 month to learn about them, and prepare the setup :)

Thanks again :)

bookac

3 Year Member
I finaly got him last night :)

ff3d8e6da3ec54c5480427469b440bdc.jpg

e77b8890f9562b339d31cda0395b19cf.jpg

a8088c7a681e063892ab4a761c82d936.jpg

bookac

3 Year Member
I used to breed them , they will eat you out of house and home if you get more than 1, when I bred them I was feeding the babies 3 times a day, This was purely to stop them turning on each other. They will attack each other and you end up with missing Limbs and tails. Over all great species to keep. Enjoy you`re BD :)

Lol good thing to know :) i will stick with one for now :) I hope this statement is not the same as with my Ts. "I will get only one" :)

eminart

3 Year Member
They're great pets, but like others said, be prepared for a LOT of feeding. They slow down when they reach adulthood, but a juvenile can easily eat 20-60 prey items a day. I started my first dubia colony after getting my first BD.

Sometimes I think I'd like to have a beardie again, but I don't really have the space to dedicate to one right now.