• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Premolt question

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My GGB im fairly certain has gone in to Premolt Yay!

How long can premolt to molt take?

How many times will a juvenile molt until its an adult out of curiosity?
Just a rough idea if you can.
Premolt can last a week or a couple months with Gbbs. The older they get the longer it may be. Theres no way to tell...only the spider knows.
As for how many molts from juvenile to adult...
Way too many variables. I can tell you this...one of my Gbbs is two years old (got her at 2nd instar) and shes barely 5" she may be sexually mature but still not fully grown yet. On the same note...her sac mate brother has already matured and passed away.

KIA_PETE

I bought both my T's at the same time, my GBB molted with out me realising. Feeding well then one day there was 2 GBB's. i missed molt completely.
My davus is a nightmare, doesn't eat, eaten 3 times in 6 months i think show signs of molting but doesnt.
SO my GBB has been my focus, but just as it start eating aggressively and really interesting attacks. it stopped too but it has darkened a lot.

Why i was wondering what the time periods where.
Thanks for the replies.

KIA_PETE

Well i was right, she has not emerged yet in her new cloths. cant wait until should does.
I can see one what looks to be much longer leg in her web tunnel.

Attachments

• 20190217_195021.jpg
    20190217_195021.jpg
    618.6 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts