• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Post a photo of your tarantula enclosure as it is NOW!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
This is a call for photos of your tarantula/enclosure RIGHT NOW!
Do it! I dare you!! :)

Brina916

3 Year Member
I wish I had something other than a cell phone camera, I just made improvements on all the enclosures!

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Brina we have a mobile app for iPhone, iPod, iPad, and Android - check it out! You can upload photos directly to the site from your mobile device!

Brina916

3 Year Member
So I talked my dad into letting me use his camera for a while and I got a few pics
GBB enclosure.JPG

NudistApple

3 Year Member
The flash makes my enclosure look so washed out, and thus a lot more artificial than it really looks. My room is never brightly lit (just like my T likes it) so it is strange seeing it like this.
Lachesis002-1.jpg

Lachesis011-1.jpg

It's a ten gallon with like 3 or four inches of substrate on the deep end, and about 1 inch on the shallow end. I'd give her more, but she's never shown any inclination to actually burrow. She is pretty fond of her flower pot though.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Nice enclosures everyone! We should have an enclosure photo contest

kheymann

3 Year Member
The flash makes my enclosure look so washed out, and thus a lot more artificial than it really looks. My room is never brightly lit (just like my T likes it) so it is strange seeing it like this.

There is a small trick I learned with my aquariums and that is to put the lense of the camera right up against the glass so the flash doesn't wash out a picture. Another trick is if you have a old white tshirt make a small cover with the material over your flash so it doesn't glare so badly but you still get light from it.

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
i have no idea how to do this i would love to send some pictures but am computer stupid so Will have to be content with admiring other peoples pictures. my pink toes have gothic mansions and logs it looks good with the webs. ramases has a pyramid hut and a hut with artificial plants that he frequently arm wrestles with. my a geiculatas have skull hide outs and my babies are in boring pots for now

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I keep a lot of spiders, so I tend to keep my enclosure's basic, and very cheap.
I use Peat Moss as Substrate ($10 for 50lbs) Half a plastic flower pot as a hide ($1.28) and a 4" plant saucer for a water bowl( $0.24)
all that goes into a 12" x 15" sweater box. ($3.75)
1030spiders003.jpg

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I keep a lot of spiders, so I tend to keep my enclosure's basic, and very cheap.
I use Peat Moss as Substrate ($10 for 50lbs) Half a plastic flower pot as a hide ($1.28) and a 4" plant saucer for a water bowl( $0.24)
all that goes into a 12" x 15" sweater box. ($3.75)
1030spiders003.jpg

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Not that particular female, but she will be bred when my male matures.
Hope that goes well and the babies turn out as pretty as there mum. I would love to breed from some of mine but always worry about finding homes for the babies. My b smithis are from the same egg sac so that rules them out. I may be brave and attempt with some of my rose hairs when they are mature. Right now i have no idea who is male or female.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just so you know, sac mates breed all the time. It's a naturl occurance in nature. Alot of tarantulas have a relatively small (individual) range, and mature with their sac mates so...

harleyqueen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just so you know, sac mates breed all the time. It's a naturl occurance in nature. Alot of tarantulas have a relatively small (individual) range, and mature with their sac mates so...
I would never have known that i assumed it wad a definate no no. They had smaller b smithis where mine came from so i may go and treat myself to a couple at the weekend. Two new arachnid and reptile shops have opened locally recently so i might go and see what they have on offer. I am lucky i have a lot of good shops locally.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's awesome, I love having Ts readily available. I might go and grab a few new spiders myself this weekend.