• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Possible misidentified Poec

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Who wants to guess what it is? This is it when I first gotnit at about 2”.

6954CF2A-A222-431B-B1AD-3EF6E070271C.png

This is it now at about 4”.

85975FD3-FCCA-4203-8ED5-D0A31B369DA7.png

385174D3-A409-4B27-9CB3-64CB18E21580.jpeg

Tortoise Tom

1,000+ Post Club
I got nothin' for ya with the ID help, but I got lots of compliments for your amazing looking spider.

In the middle pic, I'm seeing a hint of reddishness. Can I guess P. rufilata? But it doesn't have the striped knees. The last pic looks pretty subfusca. I'm just guessing...

Metalman2004

3 Year Member
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

This was my first Poec bought along with a P rufilata female bought from a pretty reputable person that sells here. I PMed them yesterday just to let them know but haven’t heard back yet. I still have a nice looking healthy spider so I’m not too bummed about it.

I bought both the smithi and rufilata as females. I haven’t checked molts because of who I bought them from but I guess I need to check their next molts just in case. The subfusca pattern looks female to me, but I actually was thinking the rufilata’s pattern looked a bit male a while back.