• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Poorly Cyriocosmus Perezmilesi.

XxSharonxX

My Cyriocosmus Perezmilesi has had his final molt about 4 weeks ago. His padipalps are big as are his tibial hooks. But....I fear he had a bad molt as he has not eaten, whenever I have tried to feed him he strikes at the worm, cricket or small Dubai....not all at once ....but doesn't kill it. I have tried mashing up the innards of the prey and putting it under his mouth but this has not worked either. Could his fangs have got damaged in his molt and does anyone have any advice please. Thank you from

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Mature males don't eat very much, their minds are too busy thinking about finding a lady. I tend to feed MMs slightly smaller food items than they were eating before that final moult.

nedaK

My Cyriocosmus Perezmilesi has had his final molt about 4 weeks ago. His padipalps are big as are his tibial hooks. But....I fear he had a bad molt as he has not eaten, whenever I have tried to feed him he strikes at the worm, cricket or small Dubai....not all at once ....but doesn't kill it. I have tried mashing up the innards of the prey and putting it under his mouth but this has not worked either. Could his fangs have got damaged in his molt and does anyone have any advice please. Thank you from
Have you waited until it’s fangs hardened?

Latest posts