• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Poor, eaten H villosella

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
My little communal of 3 H villosella is now 2. One of them ate another one. I drop 3 baby crickets in their web entrance so they each have a meal. Sometimes they eat and sometimes they don't. I've never seen them aggressive toward each other, but I guess something changed. Hope it don't go from 3-2-1

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
That's why I have H incei in four separate tubs. My plan was for a communal. But...I was afraid..and they never did get to go in together.
It's strange. They've never been aggressive toward one another that I've seen. They even created web burrows on far corners of the enclosure. Their webs started interconnecting so I assume 1 got too close and the other freaked and mistook it for food

kormath

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It's strange. They've never been aggressive toward one another that I've seen. They even created web burrows on far corners of the enclosure. Their webs started interconnecting so I assume 1 got too close and the other freaked and mistook it for food
That was one of my guesses. my other thought was a size difference?

Bugmom

3 Year Member
Aww, sorry one of your T's was a jerk.

I'm picking up 5 H. incei slings tomorrow and I want to do a communal so bad but I'm afraid I'll just end up with one fat, triumphant spider. I think the only species I'll feel comfortable doing a communal with one of these days is M. balfouri.

SpiderDad61

3 Year Member
Aww, sorry one of your T's was a jerk.

I'm picking up 5 H. incei slings tomorrow and I want to do a communal so bad but I'm afraid I'll just end up with one fat, triumphant spider. I think the only species I'll feel comfortable doing a communal with one of these days is M. balfouri.
Yea, I might just seperate them, and once grown, if they're male n female, put em back together to mate

Latest posts