• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pokie sling setups

jrh3

3 Year Member
can i see pics of your pokie sling setups, mainly looking for 32 oz deli cup ideas as i have 2 regalis coming this week both around 1 inch.

jrh3

3 Year Member
When I get home in a while from work I'll up load some pics for you. I've got pokie slings from 1" to 3" right now.

My regalis will be 1 inch, looking for enclosure ideas, was planning on leaning cork bark and adding some fake leaves to the bottom of it. In a 32 oz deli cup, wanna see some setups to get ideas on how many vent holes and how tall cork bark is ext. ext.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I use these for 1"-1.5" pokies
20190319_140828.jpg

I move them into these until they are 2"-2.5". These are around 30oz. $1.00 at the dollar tree.
20190319_140936.jpg

I'll keep them in these until they hit 4"-5"...these are one gallon and around $3.00 at Walmart.
20190319_141015.jpg

Sometime after 4" I'll place them into there adult enclosures. At this point I'll start adding some decor.
20190319_141148.jpg

For super size pokies 8"-10" I'll bump them up to a 12x12x18 when they hit 6". (18" on the left 12" on the right.)

20190118_155739.jpg

I dont give them too many plants and what not when they are small. Pokies are so messy (poop) its just one more thing to clean. As they grow I'll give them a little more coverage. When they get big they seam to prefer to poo on the doors as you can see.:D

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
If you kept your holes small enough you could probably skip alot of rehousing and start with a one gallon. They are pretty good hunters so I think someone could get away with that. Rehousing is nothing but a thing to me so I dont mind.:D

jrh3

3 Year Member
I use these for 1"-1.5" pokiesView attachment 36049
I move them into these until they are 2"-2.5". These are around 30oz. $1.00 at the dollar tree.View attachment 36050
I'll keep them in these until they hit 4"-5"...these are one gallon and around $3.00 at Walmart. View attachment 36051
Sometime after 4" I'll place them into there adult enclosures. At this point I'll start adding some decor. View attachment 36052
For super size pokies 8"-10" I'll bump them up to a 12x12x18 when they hit 6". (18" on the left 12" on the right.)

View attachment 36053
I dont give them too many plants and what not when they are small. Pokies are so messy (poop) its just one more thing to clean. As they grow I'll give them a little more coverage. When they get big they seam to prefer to poo on the doors as you can see.:D

Very nice, are those dried magnolia leaves in the smallest enclosures? I like that setup, maybe try that in a 32 oz deli cup since i have alot, and use some left over cork bark i have. Do you use a water bottle cap for water in there?

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ardisia leaves. For the small Slings I just use wet moss. Small dishes or caps dont work well in the vials. Just not enough room and they get buried quick.
Trust me... pokie slings float!!! I had one escape and run across the top of a bowl of water once. I named that one Jesus.:D

Latest posts