• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

poecilotheria regalis

Logan D

3 Year Member
im brand new to breeding just received my pair of p.regalis from casey k. I plan to breed them once they are the correct size but my question is after breeding them is there anything special I need to do to prompt the female into laying a sac like temp wise? any tips would be very helpful

Solsurfer

If they are the same size now he will mature and die before she does. Unless you meant fatness wise haha. I'm new to breeding aswell and my first breed was P. regalis aswell . I have heard that they will lay a sac without an artificial monsoon/drought . The likely hood of P. Regalis to lay a sac with a mock wet/dry season is much better than not. I'm not an expert just read everything I could find on breeding P. regalis. Before you introduce male make sure she is fed and maybe thinks it the wet season for a month. Breed them. Cool her down a few degrees and dry her out for a month. Reintroduce wet season and that induces the sac laying. Thats what i got out of the things i read . My female right now is in the middle of the dry season and i feed her as much as she wants. Good luck .