• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Poecilotheria metallica

CEC

3 Year Member
Sub-Adult Female

FB_IMG_1488337771682.jpg

Sub-Adult Male

FB_IMG_1494226806218.jpg

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
CEC:
How did you get those awesome pics? Did you take your Gooty out on the floor?
How did you get so close to the female in the last pic? Damn, I can count her eyes!!

CEC

3 Year Member
CEC:
How did you get those awesome pics? Did you take your Gooty out on the floor?
How did you get so close to the female in the last pic? Damn, I can count her eyes!!

Yes, I take my Tarantulas out for photo shoots... My rig is quite bulky with the flash and diffuser. I use a Canon DLSR camera, and for that close up shot I added a Raynox 250 macro clip on which magnified the image. That picture is just using the kit lens, I just got a Tonika macro lens with much better clarity that has twice the magnification. Should be fun...

CEC

3 Year Member
It is awesome, my friend. Still can't believe you got a p. Metallica to behave.

Not all but a lot of tarantulas are less defensive out of their territory (enclosure). These guys were just flighty not defensive. Luckily, tarantulas have poor endurance. I had to keep catching them in a cup and replacing them in the ideal spot. They eventually will get tired and just sit. The photographer just needs a lil patience. ;)