• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Poe Metallica Carinena Versicolor

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
giphy (42).gif

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Well if he was mature he ain’t worth anything anymore.

Hmmm......not so sure about that....if he is 4 months post maturity, he could still potentially get the job done....if I'm not mistaken, males can store sperm. Now, I am not certain of the time it takes for the sperm to dissipate or even if it does so prior to the male placing the sperm inside the female. Granted, there has been no prior pairings with any other females, I'd say he has a pretty good chance at being useful in a breeding project but the sooner the better as long as he is still producing sperm webs.

Hemolymph

3 Year Member
Hmmm......not so sure about that....if he is 4 months post maturity, he could still potentially get the job done....if I'm not mistaken, males can store sperm. Now, I am not certain of the time it takes for the sperm to dissipate or even if it does so prior to the male placing the sperm inside the female. Granted, there has been no prior pairings with any other females, I'd say he has a pretty good chance at being useful in a breeding project but the sooner the better as long as he is still producing sperm webs.
I was being sarcastic...I thought of all the people here you would have caught that.;)