• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please sex my B. Boehmei

Gavin van den Berg

3 Year Member
My B. Boehmei recently motled and I was lucky enough to get to the molt before it could destroy it (like all previous molts).

I'm very new to trying to sex a T via its exuvia, so this is my first attempt. Please let me know if I'm focusing on the correct area and also, if possible, if I am correct in assuming my T is a female.

2014-11-12 07.03.47.png

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
My B. Boehmei recently motled and I was lucky enough to get to the molt before it could destroy it (like all previous molts).

I'm very new to trying to sex a T via its exuvia, so this is my first attempt. Please let me know if I'm focusing on the correct area and also, if possible, if I am correct in assuming my T is a female.

View attachment 7372

Hello Gavin
Coincidentally my Female Boehmei molted two days ago,yes you have a female according to that photo. I have decided to start doing something else as of recently,I am going to picture log all my molts concerning female specimens thus having a spermatheca database. This will also help to ensure I have the correct specimen if I want to breed it,I will obviously use online examples as well to ensure I start with the database correctly. When I am home I will try and photograph my Boehmei molt,maybe compare to yours.

Gavin van den Berg

3 Year Member
That is excellent news Martin, thank you.

Once my other T's molt I will post some pics on here as well. Hopefully it could help you with the database you are going to do.

on a side note... I probably have to think of a new name for MacGyver now... Seeing as he is a she. haha

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That is excellent news Martin, thank you.

Once my other T's molt I will post some pics on here as well. Hopefully it could help you with the database you are going to do.

on a side note... I probably have to think of a new name for MacGyver now... Seeing as he is a she. haha

Haha poor thing,I can just imagine like what's this guy thinking I am a female. Please do that,I suggest of you're willing do the same it can only do good.