• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

PLEASE READ

Sorafromkh2

I dropped my tarantula, I feel so bad, I've been crying all day about it and already self harmed so please don't make me feel worse, I put her in ICU and put cornstarch on her but I don't think she looks good, I REALLY REALLY DON'T WANNA LOSE HER PLEASE HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Sorafromkh2

20230609_211846.jpg
best photo of her without flash

TwinkleToes19

I understand how scary this may be, but please don't hurt yourself. Also I understand you were probably shaking in the picture but we'll need a clearer picture in order to help you. I really hope that you and your tarantula are ok, and please call a crisis hotline if you're planning on further self-harm. I'm a newbie but I hope more expereinced folks will reply, but I'll be here to talk and do my best to help until then.

Sorafromkh2

I understand how scary this may be, but please don't hurt yourself. Also I understand you were probably shaking in the picture but we'll need a clearer picture in order to help you. I really hope that you and your tarantula are ok, and please call a crisis hotline if you're planning on further self-harm. I'm a newbie but I hope more expereinced folks will reply, but I'll be here to talk and do my best to help until then.
Thank you, I just feel so bad for her, I love all of you on this forum

Sugar Wolf

Clearer picture would help a lot... Is the T moving at all? What is the T's position right now? Did you notice any hemolymph after the fall? Cornstarch is what you would use to stop the bleeding if the T was bleeding...

Sorafromkh2

Clearer picture would help a lot... Is the T moving at all? What is the T's position right now? Did you notice any hemolymph after the fall? Cornstarch is what you would use to stop the bleeding if the T was bleeding...
Hi, she was moving but now it's hardly any movements... I already did put cornstarch on her just incase but it didn't really do anything and I would get a clearer picture but I'd have to use flash and I'm worried that might scare her :(

Sorafromkh2

EDIT: She has offically passed, I feel so bad cause she was so sweet, even though spiders can't love I did feel like me and mittens had this unexplainable bond, I knew I would mess this up when I first got her, cause that's just what I do, I cut my baby's life short and thought I would get to see her grow up into what she deserved to, I'm so sorry guys and thank you so much for ya'lls support. I feel SO BAD.

TwinkleToes19

EDIT: She has offically passed, I feel so bad cause she was so sweet, even though spiders can't love I did feel like me and mittens had this unexplainable bond, I knew I would mess this up when I first got her, cause that's just what I do, I cut my baby's life short and thought I would get to see her grow up into what she deserved to, I'm so sorry guys and thank you so much for ya'lls support. I feel SO BAD.
All you can do is learn from your mistakes, and sometimes accidents happen but I don't think this should stop you from hobbying. All I can suggest is take more precautions and learn to forgive yourself. I'm certain most T owners have made some detrimental mistakes while learning the hobby, so please do not hate yourself for this. I'm quite certain you are and will be a great owner.