• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Please help!

Devin lee

3 Year Member
I have a rose hair tarantula that I bought as an adult from repticon in November I'm not sure of the gender but now I think she has laid an egg sac, my boyfriend found it under the log and didn't know what it was so he took it out and put it in a separate container and poked it with a spoon or something he said... Anyway when he told me and sent pics I told him to stop and be careful with it and put it back carefully... Is it ruined if it is an egg sac?? What do I do?

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member

Devin lee

3 Year Member
Thank you so much, and one more question if I do open it and the eggs are right or fertile... Will they ruin then or not hatch because I opened it?

Devin lee

3 Year Member
Thank you, when I find out, ill post back and let y'all know, supposedly she's been staying under the log with it and when he put it back she went back to it... So I'm crossing my fingers it's good! :)

Devin lee

3 Year Member
I opened the egg sac today, idk if it was too early or not, but they were good eggs! I was so excited an I made the home-made incubator from the link above and have them exactly like that, but now my question is.... What next?? What else do I need to do?

Bast

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There is some excellent links for various vials and where to get them in the Enclosure part of the forum :) Not sure about the feeding, I haven't done any breeding (yet lol), but I'm sure someone can fill in that info :)

Devin lee

3 Year Member
OMG! How sensitive are the eggs? I have them set up in the home-made incubator from the link above and I was circulating them and I went to put them back in the container and it tipped over and they rolled out and I'm freaking out.

Latest posts